Learn all you need in a one-day workshop.
We’re being asked all the time: how do I get my book published?
So much so, we decided it was time to construct a workshop that aims to provide would-be New Zealand authors with all the information they need – from submitting manuscripts to publishers (including us) to understanding print-on-demand options and new opportunities such as digital books.
In association with Waikato’s Adult & Community Education programme, we staged the first workshop in Hamilton in March 2012, catering for a group of writers whose works covered everything from children’s books to historical novels. Since then, we’ve hosted up to four workshops a year, with many of our participants successfully getting their work published.
Our workshops cover:
* How the publishing industry works
* How to submit your manuscript
* The factors that will make it easier – or impossible – to get published
* The role of agents, literary assessors, editors
* Self-publishing – how you can go it alone
* Print on demand options – removing the financial risks
* Ebooks and other digital opportunities
* Helping you develop your own plan
Contact us to register your interest and we’ll let you know about our next workshop.